Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Starting anew.

Back to school time is inspiring. The kids have new shoes have new shoes and backpacks, new binders, unbroken crayons, fresh markers and crisp white paper. They have a fresh start with brand new teachers and new sets of expectations. They are abuzz with anticipation about school, their friends, and the new activities they "level up" to this year.
That said, I'm trying something new. Today I joined http://www.sparkpeople.com/" a weight loss/healthy living site. It has an online food diary and fitness log, along with suggested meal plans and message boards for support....and the best part is it's FREE! One of my prime excuses for not joining Curves, weight watchers, etc. has always been money. With six kids, we rarely have any to spend on ourselves. This site ripped that excuse away.
My goal is not to feel like the horses were running over me after girl scout camp next year. This year I was not a pretty sight by the last day. It was worth every minute though. Just scroll down to the "turtles" blogs.
That, and I feel kind of embarrassed I haven't taken better care of God's temple. Gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins after all. So I'm repenting, and starting anew. Thank God for new beginnings.

1 comment:

MagenRanae said...

How is it working out for you?