Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentines day is almost upon us!

Happy engagement anniversary to us today.

That aside, I'm in a mild panic about the upcoming V-day festivities.
Chips for sixth grade?  Check.
 Cards n' stuff for all 5 elementary kids? I *think* I have all the cards and such purchased, but not a one is signed.  Half-way there.
 The real fun is that I'm a room parent for fourth grade.
E-mail "reminders" to our junk food snack, water bottle, and paper goods parents for fourth grade...uh, a little late now.
Healthy snack for fourth grade?  Yeah, I need to go to the store.  I *think* I'm going to do watermelon or strawberry hearts w/ pretzel & cheese arrows. We'll see how that looks in reality, and if it's something I can throw together between 8:15-11am on Thursday morning. 
How about a game to keep the younglings busy after they're done stuffing their faces?  Matching heart pieces with math facts or synonyms. Mmmm. No.  They're a little young to play spin the bottle.  Leaning towards bingo.  We haven't done that yet. Maybe not.  This class is 16:7 boys to girls.  They like active games.  Too bad I can't take them outside for archery practice.  We do have a nerf bow/arrow set.  I'd only need about 10 more, and hope to not get in trouble with the "weapons" policy.
Maybe we could just let them raid their valentines early, or play a ring toss game with heart shaped rings. Hey, that might work!  I could do make that, maybe.  I could use empty soda bottles for the "posts" and make the rings out of...well, I don't know.    Maybe we should just play bingo.  There's really nothing wrong with bingo.

No comments: