Thursday, May 27, 2010

2009-2010, that's a wrap.

Today was the last day of school for the three musketeers. They were abuzz with excitement at arrival home. Summer vacation! Finally Here! Woo-hoo! They all had awards and certificates to show me, from "Most AR points" to "Congrats, you survived 1st grade." All in all, the reports were all good. To kick the summer off, we spent the afternoon at the zoo. It was a kid's paradise trip.
Yes, we will ride the carousel. (And yes, Mom rode too, on a KU horse non the less.)
No #1, we cannot take the 12' albino python home. No snakes that are bigger than we are, sorry. (and no venomous ones either.)
Yes Si, those are monkeys, and so are those, and so are those....and isn't that a BIG monkey playing with the otters?
Look how high the sea lions jump!
Okay guys, it's time to go. Who wants to eat?
Dinner at Perkins where kids eat free. Perfect ending for the perfect afternoon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to frollow my blog

Unknown said...

Mr Finnell, I enjoyed reading your blog immensely, and agree with the vast majority of what you have to say. It's refreshing to see your passion and sincere faith. I don't care to get into comment wars on what I don't agree with. Not enough room for the point by point. (or verse by verse rather.)
Peace be with you, and keep on sharing the faith!

Unknown said...

Merrilyn, It's nice to read about what the grandchildren and you and Martin are doing(: I try to read your blog at least twice a week. I especially enjoyed the one about the socks. I once wrote an essay about the fact that socks do not reproduce mates, only mismatched socks. I also concluded after many years that my closet hangers have quite an active life, especially reproducing those flimsy hangers which can't hold much of anything! (: We miss you,
Love, Carolyn