Saturday, September 24, 2011

When a loss is a win.

Today, even though the Jr. Indians lost as a team, they also won. 
Today, no one grumbled about the refs.
Today there was no trash talking the other team.
 Today, all the kids got almost equitable play.
Today, everyone paid attention, including my son.  I even had two coaches tell me how well he played, and can continue to play IF he'll just pay attention.  E2 is kind of a dreamy, distractible kid...kind of like his mom.  Hence the I-35 to 69 to 435W back to I-35 route to get out there this morning.
Today was our day to bring snacks/gatorade for after the game, and there were no complaints.
After the game, in my forever directional impairedness, I went the west instead of east, so instead of going to Trader Joes, we ate lunch at a McD's with a playground.  E2 and littlest man played nicely together.  I think we'd all call that a win too.

No comments: