Friday, May 3, 2013

If time had a tail we could grab to slow it down..

Sure it's cliche, but honestly the last month has flown by.
So much happened in April that my head spins.
There was the most excellent road trip with my cousins, to attend my grandmother's memorial service.
It was refreshing in many ways to be child free for a few days.  Yet we were all missing our kids by the time we came home, enough to listen to "Allergies" and "Seven ate Nine" and sing songs from Veggietales.  C.  Here's the Santa song, just for you.


Then there was the week of too much PTA.  The pot of gold at the end of that rainbow is that my days as president are numbered.

But far and away, my favorite part of recent days was going with the kindies to the farm.



I had the privilege of seeing my darling five year old "milk" a cow (bucket w/ udders filled with water), catch 3 fish (including the one that got away!), and feed a baby goat.  We visited with chickens and ate healthy snacks.  We saw baby cows and a very, very, pregnant mom-to-be cow.  We listened to a story at the bank.  Then we were out of time.  I assured him we could go back again and see the other half, but for that day we were out of time.  Hence why I didn't record the amazing month of April well enough.  I was too busy doing to be dwelling.  I was out of time.  I can't wait for summer's slower pace.



No comments: