Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Fathers Day!

   I know I just wrote a post about Mr. Man, but it is Father's Day....and if there is one reason why I will love this man until I cease to have breath and beyond it's because of what he does with our children.  A lot of people react to the size of our family with a "What?  How do you do it?"  Pretty much every time my answer is the same.  "Because I have an amazing, involved husband.  A good man makes all the difference."

Mr. Man is very involved in our kids lives.  Besides the standard "dad" stuff like teaching our kids how to grill and camping and playing video games with them he does many more things.  


  • He's in charge of bedtime for the littles nightly.   Because of his example, the older boys have no problem reading stories and tucking in on his basketball night.
  • He does laundry and dishes.  This frees up sooo much of my day for the running of the household and leaves me time to do the "fun stuff" with the kids while he's at work.
  • This year he worked from home when I had obligations at the school, so I wouldn't have to worry about our half day kindie.
  • He is the go-to math tutor for the older kids.  He is so patient!
  • He is our family tech support.
  • He is my rock, my reassurance, and my sounding board so I can be a better parent.


 He does more too, just instinctively he knows what our family needs.  I thank God for my husband every day.  Happy Fathers Day and every day Mr. Man.  I couldn't do what I do without you.

No comments: