Thursday, June 27, 2013

Quiet

This week has been so very quiet.  Ms. D is not a noisy child.  She likes to paint, draw, write and read.  We had an "out day" on Monday, and will have another one tomorrow, but really she's just as happy to stay home.

Last week I thought I had a quiet house with just E1....but he likes to play video games, and watch videos and such, so there was at least background noise.   This week is different, quieter.

Yet I know the quiet I have now will be nothing like when school starts in August.  My baby boy, Si Guy will be going full day this year, since it's all they have for first grade.  I have not been home alone for an entire day in almost fifteen years.  I'm not quite sure what I'll do with myself.

I imagine I will have less time than I think, once I add in some gym time, the volunteer positions I've chosen to retain.  I will work harder at getting the household errands done while my husband is working, so our evenings can be sort of free...as free as they can be with ballet, football, and such.  Maybe I'll even be a better housekeeper?  I doubt it.  Editing my novel, or starting a second one has more appeal than that.

The real question that looms is should I go back to school, or get a job?  Probably not this year.   This year has enough new school beginnings with the children.  Besides the big switch for Si, E1 will be starting middle school, and our oldest son will be a freshman at my Alma Mater...twenty years after I graduated.  The river of time never stops, does it?

No comments: