Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Babes and boy...

are all I have home this week. 3 kids at G'mas. It's kind of hard on boy not to have his brothers around, so I let a friend spend the night last night. The boys seemed to have fun. We walked to Game Stop and Wal-Mart and I was reminded how quickly they grow up. Not too long ago, we'd all be visiting side by side. This time momma was just trailing along, the boys running ahead 50 yards or so, stopping until I had almost caught up, checked in, ran ahead again. In the stores I kept a respectful few feet ahead or behind them so they could feel like they were "on their own." Funny how they always are so quick to claim me at the checkout though.
I walked a few yards behind them on the way home too to give them some "privacy." They then proceeded to eat about 1 quart of ice cream (soy for Bob of course!) and watch "Open Season 2" we had gotten from the redbox. I finally sent them upstairs around 11, and they took Life upstairs with them. There was much whispering and giggling still when I went to bed.

They got theirs this morning though. No one sleeps in with a three year old around. Princess P woke them up at 7:00....So again, they retreated outside w/ their ripsticks to play on their own. They stayed in front of the picture window so I could see them. I wonder how much longer they will allow me to even observe? I guess I just have to trust in the Proverb "Raise up a child in the way he should go......" because in the end, they all choose their own path.

No comments: