Thursday, September 3, 2009

This is one of those amazing moments when all three of our youngest are playing nicely and sharing. They are cooking in the kitchen in the girls room. Princess D is in charge, of course, and Si Guy is just overjoyed to be included. I'll doublecheck later to make sure there aren't real ingredients in there. In the past, there has been water in the sink and a dash of cinnamon about everywhere.

It's amazing to think we may be getting past the baby phase for good. For many years it seemed like we'd live in the la-la land of baby magic and diapers forever.

Yet Si can use the potty, and often does at home for #1, especially if naked...It's just,well, he's not often naked because he has zero interest in #2 landing in the toilet yet. He's not even 2 1/2, so I'm not worried. The fact he pees in the toilet means my time in "baby-land" is about to end. My youngest boy is growing up so fast, using words, putting on clothes, following simple directions. And I 'm a good 20 years away from grandchildren. Guess I'll have to borrow my friends babies in between.

No comments: