Friday, February 26, 2010

Kids have such quick switches...

When Princess D got home today she was disappointed no one called on HER during their field trip, even when she had her hand raised. She always had the best questions after all. Then she flips to excited D, fishing in her backpack to get out the envelope of note cards with recipes that her teacher trusted her with to get to me for the auction's kindergarten cookbook. She was just sure I'd love her recipe. Then we had pizza for lunch.
"Mom, how'd you know there was cheese in the crust?"
"Because it said so on the box. It's really good cheese too."
"Yeah, I know. Cheddar! Mmm. We should save those pieces for the boys when they get home."
"Really? I don't know, it's really good."
"Yeah, I know. That's why they should have some too."
At that moment, my daughter really was royalty.

No comments: