Monday, March 1, 2010

For the love of towels....

I have a very pregnant friend I called recently, and asked her to message me her bathroom colors. I'm sure she thinks I'm nuts, but the truth is, there's nothing more important than a great set of ridiculously soft, expensive towels with a new child.

I was blessed enough to have the ones I'd gotten as wedding presents when our first was born. First, it was something to gently lay the newborn on for his sponge-bath, without worrying about getting what was underneath it wet. The top of a nursery dresser was just the right height, and I had all the after-bath essentials there and waiting.
Then baby got a little bigger, too big for the sponge-bath really, but not big enough for me to be comfortable putting him in the big tub. So the towel lined the sink for his bath.
Then he got even bigger, too big for the changing area on top of the dresser. Then the towel served as a changing pad on a bed or the floor.
Soon we had a toddler, taking real baths in a real tub, surrounded by bubbles and toys.When he was done, he'd stand and hold his arms up, anticipating being wrapped in a nice, soft, towel. One of our children even substituted a towel for a blankie for a while.

The nice towels were great for mom too. A little bit of luxury, (like a shower) goes a long way when you have an infant. I'm sure my friend has lots of cute baby clothes, and toys and books by now. She's due any day. So even if she thinks it's strange, we're giving her a luxury set of towels.

1 comment:

MagenRanae said...

Awww...what a sweet gift idea, and explanation! :) You're very thoughtful!