Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The fall avalanche is rumbling.

Every year I try to convince myself that THIS is the year I won't be totally overwhelmed and lost from August1 - Christmas. This year, I know it isn't the year it's going to happen. First of all, the key to our second vehicle is missing. Secondly, hopefully, we'll finally be moving. We're down to painting and floors barring any more "discoveries." Old houses are full of those. This is all on top of our "regular" activities which go something like this.

School starts on Aug. 16. I have purchased 4 boxes of markers & three dozen colored pencils. Only 35 pencils, 5 pink pal erasers, 2 boxes of crayons, 2 more sets of markers, 13 spiral notebooks, 15 folders, 2 glue bottles, 10 glue sticks, 700 sheets of paper, 2 3 ring notebooks, a set of dividers, a couple of rulers, a calculator, a box of wet wipes, ziploc bags, and of course, 8 boxes of kleenex to go...and that's before shoes, backpacks, and the "forgotten" essentials.
School starting also means mathletics, chat 'n chew, PTA, and more.

Church activities are also a given. August 8th, Carnival. Kidz Choir starts on Aug. 18th. I haven't even looked at the AWANA schedule yet. Guess I should, since I volunteer there and all.

E2 has started tackle football. Our oldest will sign up Saturday. This means practices every day from M-F between the two of them. Come September, we'll have 1-3 games every weekend. It also means frequent reminders not to practice tackling on each other at home.

Both princesses want to take dance lessons...so there goes my Monday afternoon as well.
Let's not forget E1 is chomping at the bit for bowling. Wed afternoon on Sat morning?
Then we throw in scouting just for fun.

Man, I need that key. Or at least a clone. Guess why it's called Fall. Every night I fall into bed, totally spent.

1 comment:

MagenRanae said...

Kind of takes the "stay-at-home" out of stay-at-home mom, huh?!

What is chat 'n chew?