Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I love you bear, even though you sound like a buzz saw when you sleep..(and other celebrations of marriage)

It's true. He does. It's also true we just had our 13th wedding anniversary, and that we love each other as is, just like Fiona and Shrek.
So many people don't "get" what marriage is about. How mutual acceptance and submission can be such bliss. I'm blessed with a man with a servant's heart, who stays home when I'm sick, always does the chores I hate, and helps control the kids without duct tape.
My end of the deal is pretty simple. Be his personal assistant, care for his children, & keep him entertained and fed. Sure I do a lot more than that, but that's all he expects. And lately, I've been off the hook on the feeding part. Something about cooking is really hard with a broken wrist.
So, for my list fans...here are reasons my marriage is awesome.

Monte Python, and our shared appreciation of PUNishment.
Food, exploring new worlds together...from burned rice to rockin rice pudding.
Fantasy....from books to the bedroom, & books in the bedroom. ....We like to read some of the same stuff. Wheel Of Time, Jennifer phallic...I mean Fallon! ;)
Sports. K.S.U. Wildcats!
Mutual faith, values, and goals.
Being endeared by each others quirks. One of his first gifts to me was a stuffed cat we named "Fritz."
Humor!
The sandwich rule. "Never criticize unless it's well layered between sincere compliments." No fair picking the sandwich apart.
Having fun together, lots of it.
Being amazed at our children, and how they pick up the best parts of our spouse.
Allowing ourselves to be "different." Mr. M is a math man. Once I called him from a bookstore to help pick out his present, because "abstract geometry" and "concrete differentiation" are all the same to me.....way beyond me. That said, karaoke and pool will never be his thing.
Starting each day new. It's exciting to see what our future together will bring.
Love ya bear....from your dancing hippo, Mama M.

1 comment:

MagenRanae said...

:) I'm definitely one to like your lists!

Congrats on the Anny; what a wonderful gift marriage can be!