Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I have nothing cute or funny to say about last week.

   Those of you who know us are aware that last week, boy child #2 had his appendix removed.  The bad news, it was ruptured, so a one port forty-five minute procedure took ninety minutes and three ports.  The good news?  He's recovering with amazing speed, and really only had one "terrible" day.   The even-more-good news:
  I am amazed at how supportive our school was, and the people we know from there:  A gift card to the cafeteria/gift shop from PTA to keep me fed and him entertained, his best buddy visiting with books he hadn't read yet, a gift card to Whole Foods, which set us up once we got home, balloons and a model plane to help try to keep him down once his brain engaged again.  Our school friends are fabulous.
  Crisis moments always make me love my husband more.  I swear he's a better wife than I am.  While I was cross stitching, playing Wii, and hanging out at the hospital, the house was clean,  the laundry caught up, and the kids fed.  When we arrived home, he already had the bed made on the couch.  He didn't even call off our part-time before school friend so he had an extra kid two mornings at 5:45 a.m. 
   I am also grateful for my FB friends, their support keeping my phone dinging from replies on my wall and private messages.
   So to all of you, thanks.  I don't know what I'd do without you.

No comments: