Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's and LOVE

   This morning, with buzz of children all around me, I woke up in a musical mood.  There are so many songs about love I remember from my childhood, and I've been singing a few, getting those "mom's gone off the deep end" looks and silly smiles from my kids.  What great classics from my youth am I belting out this morning.  Certainly not Whitney H's I will always love yououououououoou.  Although her death being so close to Valentine's day would make that a fitting tribute.  No, my thoughts/songs go further back to Sunday school.  Here's a list for those who need an earworm today.  (Sorry if some of the lyrics aren't exact.)

From Music Machine:
Love, love, love makes people hap-pyyy.  Love, love, love makes people free.  Love makes people do, the things they know they out to do.  Love has made the way for you an me.

From the churches of my youth:
His Banner Over Me is Love:  I'm my beloveds and he is mine.....
1 John 4, 7 & 8:  Beloved, let us love one another (love one anooother.)  For love is of God, and anyone that loveth is bornofGod, andknoweth God.  He that loveth not(clap,clap,clap), knoweth not Go-od for God is looooove.  Beloved, let us love one another. First John four, seven and eight.
Love is the flag flown high in the castle of my heart, in the castle of my heart, in the castle of my heart.  Love is the flag flown high in the castle of my heart, for the King is in residence there. 
So let it fly in the sky!  Let the whole world know (what?)  The whole world know (what?) the whole world know(what?) Let it fly in the sky, let the whole world know (what?)  that the King is in residence there.

May you all have a blessed Valentines Day, knowing you are loved by the King.

No comments: