Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

So far, my favorite valentine is a pink elephant with a heart on it. It kinda made me think of Dumbo at first. I really need to borrow that movie from Grandma. Princess D made a whole army of these yesterday, using scissors with various edges, giving her elephants very unique looks. She's an elephant addict.

Breakfast was the traditional holiday fare. Baby Guy had a cookie. Abe had a cherry turnover. The rest of them ate cereal and some candy.

It seems our kids liked all of their valentines. There's some contention about the bars of soap though. I guess I should have gotten them all one, not just the kids who were super-allergic. Really, it's not the soap they want anyway. It's the little plastic toy inside the glycerin bar. Who knew a butterfly and an octopus could start such a fuss.

And what about US? You know, me and dh? How about goo-goo eyes? How about candles? How about unmentionable underthings and saucy thoughts?

Well, I did buy Mr. M a Valentine's Day present, along with another small gift for our "real" anniversary as he calls it. He was very excited about receiving them. They kept him up until 11:30 pm last night since I gave him his presents a little early. Who knew Differential Geometry and Mathematical Logic books could be so exciting?
Perhaps what's even more pathetic is I called him from the bookstore so he could help me pick them out. The farthest I got in math was Calculus 2. The stuff he's into is way beyond me.

Our hot plans for this evening include him taking our oldest four to Blue and Gold with his parents, and me staying home w/ the toddlers. Hot dogs and beans are on the menu. At least he gets a pasta dinner. And I get to watch something besides basketball on a Saturday. Maybe it's a happy Valentines day after all.

1 comment:

MagenRanae said...

:) Nothing adds a little spice to a marriage like some hotdogs and beans!