Friday, March 27, 2009

snow in the spring

Spring has sprung. There are flowers blooming, trees budding, and ants in my house. The official soccer season kicked off last weekend with princess D's first game. Yesterday I bundled sticks while tiny tots played in the yard. Outdoor afternoons are supposed to be back again.... but tonight we're supposed to get 3" of snow?!
This is, of course, because I just gathered up all the boots and put them back in storage earlier this week. I hung all the winter coats in the back of the closet. I had started gathering gloves in a plastic bag, soon to be forgotten on a shelf. I had my stuff together for once.
Then God reminded me I'm not the one in charge. So, instead of a Saturday scrambling to get to two soccer games & shop for groceries, I have a Saturday for sticking close to home. We'll get to sleep in the morning. Mr. M will get to watch the NCAA tournament. I'll have time to bake with my kids. All things work for the good.

No comments: