Saturday, March 21, 2009

Some days are just too eventful.

Yesterday morning my in-laws called, saying they were bringing home a very sick little princess P. I called the ped and got her in. I called Mr. M and he came home to watch the others. All things were in order....until I was at the peds office for about three & 1/2 hours while they made sure she was going to be okay enough to send home. The "H" word was discussed, but since she came around w/ a breathing treatment, Tylenol, a nap and some popsicles, she was free to come home, w/ the caveat that if she went downhill we'd bring her in to ER. (She's better today, so I think we dodged that bullet.)

When I returned to the car, I called Mr. M. He informed me that our little "Beaker" had cut the cord to the vacuum w/ kitchen shears while the vacuum was plugged in. It blew two holes into the shears, but with much self control on Mr. M's part, the boy was unharmed. Baby Guy had had a wall coloring festival, and the older two boys had a friend come over so they could beat each other up with t-ball bats...so was I on my way home yet? He had given up on working from home for the day. I assured him after I got the little girl lunch and dropped off her script I'd be right there.

Well, the pharmacy system had "lost" her information, and when they found it it was wrong. Then the gal working the drive thru at BK couldn't hear me over the speaker, and didn't speak enough English to understand my order at the window....so it took 20 minutes to get two lunches in a drive-thru. By the time I got home, Mr. M just wanted to cage them all in their carseats, and go hunting for vacuum parts. I just told him "Welcome to my world."
And what an exciting world it is....although not always that exciting.

1 comment:

MagenRanae said...

It blew two holes into the shears, but with much self control on Mr. M's part, the boy was unharmed.

I hate laughing at your calamity - but that line cracked me up!!

Glad to hear P was ok!