Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Being thankful for today.

Today is the kind of day I just want to go back to bed with a quilt and a book...relish the cool damp weather by surrounding myself with warmth and quiet. Seeing Si Guy using a flashlight as a microphone for a be-bop concert, I don't think that day is likey.

Yet I am thankful for my little soda-stealing ray of sunshine. He's almost always joyful, and full of noise to prove it. His partner in crime is all smiles this morning too, and that is something I'm grateful for. Princess P is the little girl, just without the curl.

The older kids will be bouncing off the walls when they get home. FIVE whole days with no school! AND we get to eat all their favorite foods on Thursday. They'll be joking, running, hugging. Their relationship with each other is something to be grateful for.

Chip has his "turkey bowl" tonight at the Football Factory. I'm grateful for his coach opening up his schedule to get the kids on the team together for the holiday.

Princess D has "daisies" tonight, and she's always over the moon about it. + We may get the first of the cookie forms back. We're greatful for her leaders and their sweet spirits, and the fundraiser that's getting us started.

Seems there's a lot to be grateful for in today. Family, friends, and of course, God giving me the strenght and grace to put my wishes aside for their good...which is the greater reward.

1 comment:

MagenRanae said...

:) It's nice to read your thoughts!