Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful for my big kids being home today

Today started kind of rough. It's the first day of a five day break so the boys were um, "excited." So grouchy mom tried to be snappy. It didn't work too well. Our dear oldest son, just said "okay" every time I asked him to do something...even things I should have been doing.
"Get your sister breakfast"
"K"
"Keep the tv on preschool channels so I can get work done."
"K"
"Guard my soda from Si-Guy"
"K" (and he didn't drink any of it either!)
It's hard for a mom to stay in a bad mood amongst the three ring circus when there's even one kid who has their act together.
Later in the morning, post stolen diet pepsi and not stolen diet mountain dew,...I had a new task for them. Cleaning the back living room/dining area. We are having my in-laws over tomorrow after all...and Dad is working today.
This time it was our second son who just "did what he was told." Again, just one kid doing what he was supposed to, but then that child's good behavior was able to guilt the other two boys into coming around. AND Princess D, who didn't have to help, asked for a job! Woot!
Maybe we're doing something right on this parenting gig after all.
I'm thankful for the glimmers of maturity I see in my kids from time to time. All of them.

1 comment:

MagenRanae said...

:) I am thankful for that too! It's nice to have encouragement in the midst of battle!