Sunday, March 14, 2010

I may not be over the hill yet, but

the top is fast approaching. As my closest dozen friends know from my text, a new list is ensuing. Ways to know you're middle aged.

1) Singing along with the music at the grocery store.
2) Seeing your friends kids graduate from high school.
3) Actually looking up when someone says "ma'am."
4) Looking at "anti-aging" products without laughing
5) Watching the NCAA tourney & thinking, are you sure all these kids are out of high school? They look so young.

Not that it's all bad getting older. It's nice being settled, never boring having kids, and with more responsibility comes more freedom. Now just to convince my "mature" 11 year old that.

1 comment:

MagenRanae said...

Heh...a couple of these are true of me, and I'm only a quarter of a century old! What does that say?!