Thursday, January 13, 2011

My kids thoughts on marriage.

"Mom. I'm NEVER going to get married."
okay.
"Maybe I'll get married, but I won't have kids."
okay.
"Can I have kids without getting married?"
Kinda hard. Since you're a boy.
"oh."
Raising kids is a two person job anyway.
"Yeah, but I want to be the one who stays home and plays on the computer."
Gee, Thanks.

"I'm not going to kiss a girl until I get married."
That's fine.
"But that's like forever away."
Mhmm. That's okay. We'd rather you didn't date until college anyway.
"I think I can handle that, but I want to marry O. Okay?"

"Why can't I be the mom?!"
"Because you're a boy!"
"That's sexist!"

"You have to be married before you can have a baby."
"DO NOT!"
"Do so!"
Not really, but it's a good idea.
"Told ya so."
"Really? Mommy, you're joking right. How can people have babies without being married? That's just silly."

"Mom. I want to get married someday, but I don't want to do that yuck stuff you and dad do okay?"
Okay.