Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Miss D's birthday blog (at least it's in the same month!)

Princess D turned seven on July 3rd.  Really?  Really.
That's how this summer has flown.
From ponies to horses, from princess dolls to collectible dolls....this could be an expensive year.  
Right now she's in a "dress up" phase as I like to call them.  No, she's not any more of a clothes horse than she already was.  She's trying on different personalities, trying to define her self.   
 She's tried being a diva.  That's part of who she really is, but found she doesn't quite have the "power" for the full effect of the act.
She's tried being the "baby", but really her personality is a bit strong for that act, and she gets that "max" look in her eyes that makes it hard for her to pass off as innocent.
She's tried being the "yes man," but her independence burned that up in flames.
She's tried to be "max" too...but finds I watch her more closely than "Ruby."
I just hope she figures out soon it's more about being herself,  for when she IS herself, she's irresistible.   Yet I know it may be a while, for the process of "becoming" is really just beginning.  
"I get to help bake the cake!  Is it chocolate?  Really!  Oh mom, you're the best mom ever.  Mom, can I lick the spatula pleeeaaase?"
Maybe, she'll still be more child than changeling for a while yet.  I hope so.

No comments: