Friday, March 9, 2012

Field trip Thursday

   Yesterday was a double-field trip day.  Both my daughters were off to new and exotic destinations, Kindergarten to Kaleidescope, and 2nd grade to the Natural History Museum.  Days like that moms want a clone so we can be in two places at once.  I had the next best thing, a friend leading my daughter's group in 2nd grade who sent me a pic, and grandparents who worked at the university to eat lunch with her.  Thus I was able to go on the kindergarten field trip with a clear conscience.
    At Kaleidescope, I skillfully maneuvered to volunteer at the puzzle station.  It's fun to watch the kids design their puzzle pictures and use the machine to "magically" make it into pieces.  One child came to me saying, "LOOK.  It's a crown in the center!"  (ha,ha, crown center & Hallmark.  Very cute.)   My daughter swung by to visit me twice, and was obviously living it up.  While she was happy I was there, she didn't need me there.  Oddly that was reassuring.
   Meanwhile, at the museum my other daughter was also having a great time.  She was given the opportunity to build her own dinosaur and name it.  Pentacephaquadrosomethingsaur.  (Five-headed-four-tailed-lizard.)  She won the prize for longest name...since parents were disqualified.  There is a photo of this fine creature on my FB page.  She too, was just fine without me.
    I arrived back home to "Mo-mmy!  I missed you!"  and littlest man fell asleep in my arms last night.  I held the monkey with his stuffed monkey for over an hour.  It won't be much longer a child wants to use me as a mattress.

No comments: