Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Signs I may be approaching middle age

     Okay, forget approaching.  I'm there.  I know I'm there for many reasons.

     1) My favorite live action movies are in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart, and go on sale for 1.99 at Christmas. 
     2) Lavender.  I love wearing it.  The scent, or the color?  Yes.
     3)  I have as much "peach fuzz" as my 13 year old.
     4)  My old injuries remind me of where they were when the weather changes.
     5)  I find myself liking clothes in fabrics and styles I once dubbed "old lady".
     6)  My karaoke list consists primarily of songs from before the current "21"s were born.
     7) Anti-aging cosmetics don't seem ridiculous. 
     8) I count grams of fiber and glasses of water.
     9) My kids have to explain technology to me, like flip notes.  I think of flip notes as a notebook w/ the spiral at the top.
    10) I can never again wear a sleeveless dress.  Even if I do finish "taking off the weight" there is a cleavage issue.  As in when I put on a strapless bra, instead of "lifting" I "fold", leaving the ever attractive "hoochie line" in plain sight.  My tatas need engineered straps to stay over the gut line now.
   and of course,  having a teenager in the house.  I imagine when there's more of them that will age me faster than anything.

No comments: