Tuesday, March 27, 2012

valleys

    It seems we are in a series of valley right now.  Another acquaintance lost her husband in a head-on car accident last week.   This one, a mother of five kids, all in the same age range as my own.  My husband came home from work that day and I met him at the door.
   "These things come in threes.  Don't you even think of being next."
   Yesterday, I received an e-mail that our beloved principal is retiring.  She has been out much of this year, due to being needed by her family.   She has been a part of our lives since we transitioned from home schooling to public school.  She made that transition smooth, eased my mom guilt, and didn't condemn my previous choices in our previous situation.  She had a gift with parents, of empathy, of being "real" without being rude.   There's a lot more I could write about her, her humor, her selflessness, how she worked with the kids....
   It leaves an air of uncertainty around us, especially since our children are transfers...and our incoming kindie hasn't been approved yet.  If they close transfers for the transition....well, then things get interesting.   I'll take that interesting over what either of those women are going through right now.
Peace be with you both, and may there be a river in your valley.

No comments: