Thursday, August 13, 2009

Housework: The ultimate exercise is futility.

Today I started the day inspired. Mr. M had banned t.v. for the older kids and decreed they have extra chores. Today we would clean the house!

It started well. Oldest child was very cooperative.
Middle two boys grumbly.
Preschoolers not being overly destructive....That's just because they were waiting for us to be done.
By lunch, I had a shiny sparkling bathroom I had cleaned myself, laundry sorted, two baskets folded and put away by boys, the front living room picked up, AND under the dining room table cleared out and ready to vacuum. Oldest boy had loaded an run the dishwasher once.I vacuumed happily while they ate. After they ate our oldest unloaded and loaded the dishwasher again. What a great morning of accomplishment!

15 minutes later there's teff bread w/ sunbutter crumbled on the freshly vacuumed carpet. Another 20 minutes go by and it looks like it's snowed kleenex. By the end of the afternoon Si Guy has stripped everything including pull-up, and left a trail accordingly......And this is what Mr. M came home to.

Mom fried on the computer, and when he asks a simple question like, "What's for dinner?"
my reply is "I don't know. My give a damn is broken."

Breakfast for dinner is a wonderful thing. There goes the kitchen.
Hey, at least we start at the same place every morning.

No comments: