Friday, August 14, 2009

The ultimate challenge.

Today's battle starts in the mind. In one corner, the current reigning peace in my household this morning. My quiet time at the computer while the kids are all being occupied happily by each other and PBS morning line up.

In the other corner...payday, and the last one before school starts at that. I should be buying those last few back to school clothing items and the few straggling supplies off the list. AND get the grocery shopping done. Mr. M hates shopping. My Friday day shopping shows him how much I love him. Especially when all six kids are home.

Maybe I'll start by sorting and labeling what I've already bought. Then I could just make a short list of things to pick up while I'm already in store W or T or K....
Maybe I'll start by planning all our meals for the next two weeks.
Or maybe I'll just hide on FB and play Bejeweled Blast for the next hour, throw all the kids in the car, drive thru Wendy's or BK for lunch, buy what I think we'll need and pray there's some money left over for gas.

Probably the answer lies in a combination of options one and three. I know better than to plan meals around here. Something always "happens" like a 3pm meeting for dh or Si Guy raiding the dinner ingredients out the fridge, or the older kids deciding the taco shells are snack chips.
Thus I just keep a general stock of foods we usually eat and an extensive spice shelf. It seems to work out okay.

Right now, I think I just need to go blow up some jewels. Good practice for what our finances will look like by the end of the day.

No comments: