Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tiny tots

This morning my toddlers are at the forefront. They really don't give me a choice some days. For if I dare to pay attention to anything else, say the phone call concerning our booth sale for Girl Scout cookies this weekend, they team up and spring/scream into action.

"Mine!"
"No , Si-guy! Miiine."
As they fight over the parallel bars, I mean racks to the toy box.

Right now, since I just sat down it's
"apple? Hungry?"
Um, we get lunch after picking up sissie, remember, just a few more minutes.
And no, you can't use the knife and cutting board your big brother left out when making lunch.

And what if I NEED them to do something....
Princess P, pants! They match your dress.
"No, white. see?"
"I'll get you white socks."
"No!"
"Okay, ten more minutes and then we need to put on pants and socks."

So Si races ahead of me with his "I'M being good" smile screaming "PANTS!" and proceeds to climb in his dresser drawer to find them. Then he goes to the "sock basket" in my room, and proceeds to look for a match by grabbing a sock he likes and throwing the others out of the basket until he finds it's mate. "OOk! A pay-er. ToooO!"

And so another morning flies by. Now it's time to get shoes and Princess D.

No comments: