Monday, April 5, 2010

It's raining. It's pouring....

It's spring and it's storming. I feel bad for my little walkers on mornings like this. Yet I know they won't melt in the monsoon. I'm just grateful that it was SUNNY and warm for resurrection day.
We had a great family day. The kids were up early to raid their resurrection eggs and chocolate crosses in their brand new bike helmets. After all that sugar those helmets were put to good use on bikes and scooters outside. Even little Si guy was scooting around on a 3-wheeled scooter.
Easter dinner was a casual progressive affair. We had turkey, corn, mashed taters, broccoli and fresh pineapple and strawberries. Absolutely fun and delicious. When I was a child, we'd go to my aunt's house for lamb...and there was lamb coconut cake for dessert. I sometimes wonder if we should start doing that on Good Friday.
We are so blessed to have life through Christ. So let the river flow down my street. Love will keep on springing from our hearts.

No comments: