Monday, April 18, 2011

Palm Sunday

I feel that Palm Sunday is the best Sunday to be a kid in church, hands down.  As a parent, it brings back some of my favorite parts of childhood.  Sure, it's fun to proceed around the sanctuary waving branches and towels.  It's fun to sing, LOUD, with adult approval.  It's fun to remember this part of Christ's life, as a kid.
The best part is the palm branches themselves.
After church I had one kid dissecting his, to figure out all the veins in the leaves and the "why" of the shape.
I had another turn his into a ponytail for "crazy hat night" at AWANA.
I had a couple more treat them like swords.
There's still one in the back of car, and one that's been "deleafed", for lack of a better word.
All in all, the bottom line is Palm Sunday shows kids it can be fun to worship Jesus.  Any day that makes my 10 year old jump out of bed ready to go to church is a good day to me.

No comments: