Sunday, April 10, 2011

Remembering the church songs of my childhood

Today my brain was playing radio station.
During Sunday School the tunes were
"They will know we are christians by our love, by our love..."
& "The horse and rider thrown into the sea."
During kidz world, of all the songs to pop into my head was the "meet and greet" song from Full Faith.  I even sang it to Gordo.
"I love you with the love of God, yes I love you with the love of God, I can see Him in you, the image of our King, yes I love you with the love of God"  Okay, the word might be glory instead of image...but you get the gist, what makes this memory particularly squirm worthy is that while we sang this song, we had to hold both the other person's hands and look them in the eye, and at the end of the verse find a new victim and repeat.

Tonight it was "he has shown thee, oooh ma-a-an, what is good and what the Lord requires of thee..."

While I was waiting for the kids at AWANA, an eldery member of the church was talking to me about how I was raising my kids right.  If that's true, it's because of the spiritual legacy my parents left me.

No comments: