Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Today's kid quotables.

Miss P was full of commentary today.
"Si, that's it.  I'm NOT going to marry you anymore."
Si-"Yes you are."

"Mommy, we have to go to the park.  My baby needs some air."

And then miss D "Why does my Ariel doll have feet.  Hello?  She's supposed to be a mermaid."  (put in hair flip and eye roll.  How do six year olds learn that?)
"She turned human at the end."
"Why would she want to do that?"
I guess the water is always bluer on the other side.

E2 "Mom, look at this book I got at the library!"
"ARMY RANGERS."
"But there's not any violence in it really, except at the end, and there...."

 Seeing my 12 year old light up like a 6 year old.
"oooh, jellybeans!  Purple.  Grape!  I like purple.  Can I trade you for another purple.  I have two reds...Can I get the green one too?  I really thought you called me."
"No, it must have been the jellybeans calling you."


And even Eggy had his moment today.
"Mom, do blondies count as treat foods?  They don't have any sugar."
"They don't?  Let me see that bag.  hmm.  First ingredient.  Evaporated cane juice.  Can you tell me what sugar is made of?"
"Cane.  Awwe.  I'm doing movers today, but I could make them for tomorrow!"
I love my kids.

No comments: