Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I don't know what I'd do without a computer.

The internet is our lifeline.  It's my connection to other adults during the day.  It has a dictionary.  It has encyclopedias.  It has free video games. 
And my duh moment for the day, it has free board games.
I can't believe I never thought of printing off board games.  When I think of the money I've wasted on "memory" cards and Candyland it makes me shudder.
As I'm typing this, my two preschoolers are playing a shape based candyland type game w/ a rocket as the goal.  We have plenty of stray markers and dice for them to use, since I didn't feel like scrounging supplies to build the spinner.
When they get bored with that, I have alphabet kites printed out for them to match.
It seems that no matter how "experienced" I get at this parenting preschoolers game there's always something new for me to learn.

No comments: