Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Princess P

I love preschoolers. I love their honesty and enthusiasm. I love their curiosity and lack of fear. I love how affectionate and open they are, and that they like what they like. The world be damned.
Little miss P definitely encompasses all of these traits with gusto.
She's a determined little fireball. (This goes both ways on the parent scale. )
She's a cuddlebug and a diligent "mommy." (Just try to throw away a stuffed animal in this house...just try. Somebody is going to fish it out and hide it so you don't repeat your "mistake.")
Her first questions of the day are
"What are we doing todays? Are we going to church? Park? Is it one o'clock yet? (Her time for being on the computer.)"
Closely following the daily schedule interrogation is
"I hungry. Breakfast?"
Miss P is a lover of food. Unfortunately not all food loves her.
She's resigned to her fate sort of, except for the milk thing. Dang it, if Si Guy can eat yogurt she should be able to too! So once in a while I hear
"Mom, my tummy hurts." (Sigh.)
That's what happens when you eat ...(cheese, yogurt, pudding)
"I know mom. Won't do 'gain."
She loves companionship, whether human, stuffed, or doll...all are family to her. That's something I hope she hangs onto. That people come in all shapes, sizes, and colors, and all of us want to be loved.
"I love you mommy! Nigh'"
"I love you too princess." Don't change a thing.

No comments: