Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday morning aqua aerobics

Yes, I did just dive right into this class thing.
Aqua aerobics has some pros and cons.
Pros:
1) Most of my mistakes are under water, so who else would know?
2) It's kind of like a cardio dance class w/ antigravity powers. Doing those jumps was really fun.
3) It's easier to adjust to my own "zone" than a typical class.
4) I got to shower alone.
5) Coffee on the way home

Cons:
1) It's in the pool.
2) The times I can make it are well before I'm usually out of bed.
3) It's in the pool.

As you might gather, I'm really not a fan of indoor swimming pools. About 15 minutes before the end of class the chlorine was starting to get to me. I have super-sensitive skin so I really won't be able to do this more than a couple times a week. That and I just hate the "oh brr." feeling of getting in. Add in that I'm about as graceful as an elephant and splash accordingly, riding the noodle seemed almost indecent, and that I tend to "roll over" instead of "helicopter", this class still is in the "maybe I can get used to it category." I'll try, because overall I felt better afterwards than before.

No comments: