Wednesday, December 23, 2009

And now we're halfway through the second day...

and just when I thought I was going over the brink the phone rang. Two Christmas gifts unwrapped by toddler, (neither toys to the toddler's dismay). An entire Sam's size container of baking soda dumped on the bathroom floor to make it look like "snow", and remote control wars at full speed.

Brring.

"Hey, can I take the boys to a movie today?"
The Alle-lujiah chorus starts playing in my head.
Then princess D chimes in "I wanna go too!"
"Honey, there's not room in J's car."
JG chimes in in "It's okay. I just got paid. We ALL can go."
Kindergarten crisis averted. Mom's aspirin afternoon begins. The feature is "Alvin and the Chipmunks 2." Nough said. A preschool and adolescent testosterone delight, but a mommy migraine in the making. Still, if all goes well, it's better than defending the tree all day.

Next step, call Mr. M and tell him the plan. (Even with kids, all social events with another guy are always cleared through him.) Mr. M informs me that he just found out "tomorrow is a company holiday." Woo-hoo! Praise #2. This day may turn out all right yet.

No comments: