Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas with just us.

This was the first Christmas in years where we did not go anywhere, have anyone over, or have any "event" level planning. While I missed having Mr.M's brother around in the morning, for the most part it was really nice. The kids woke us up at 7:07, knowing the cardinal rule of NEVER wake mommy before 7am because it doesn't lead anywhere good. They gleefully raided their stockings, and played with the stuff in them for over an hour. I was starting to wonder why I bought the bigger gifts.

After breakfast, they opened their remaining gifts, only two this year...but two well chosen gifts are worth a dozen just because ones. Then it was playtime. Nowhere to go. Nothing else to do, but enjoy their new stuff and each other. Everyone shared their toys. Everyone thanked Jesus before we ate our ham dinner. (Don't get too excited, we're talking microwaved pre-cooked him w/ frozen mac and cheese, nuked potatoes and veggies here...not an event status meal, but one my whole family enjoyed nonetheless.)

After the excitement, mommy needed a nap.....apparently about a five hour nap, because Daddy didn't wake her up for anything. And the kids didn't interrupt either. The wonders of them each getting a new movie for Christmas no doubt. Although, that does explain why I'm still up at 12:45am....

Some great moments...

Our Swedish chef muppetfest on U-tube, leading into the Star Wars episode of Pigs in Space.
Si Guy climbing in the back of his new BIG truck!
Chip playing with Si-Guy's Spiral Speedway.
Princess P carrying her new inflatable Tinkerbell chair everywhere with her for the whole day.
Our oldest helping Chip put his new hotwheel track together.
Bob giving me a big smile, and a big hug for Christmas.
The girls painting their nails themselves.
Si guy bringing me sparkly nail polish to paint his toes.

and quotes:
"Mommy, can I shovel the sidewalk and the driveway? Pllleeeease?" (Yes, hands were together and in begging position with this one. How could I say no?)
"Ook Mommy! I have a cwown. I'm a qweeen!"
"Can I brush me teeth again?"
"Wow! Wee! Ball! Ball! Ball!" (Think, An-i-mal. An-i-mal.)
"This is the biggest doll, ever!"
(After apologizing for not getting him a toy, our oldest responded)"What do mean mom? The DVD player is a toy! See, it has a screen and buttons like my DS."
Ah, they grow up so quickly. Glad I have a few more tiny tot years left.

Peace be with you, a Merry CHRISTMAS to all...and to all a good night.

No comments: