Saturday, December 12, 2009

We are emerging from the toughest week of this holiday season. The big kids program was at church last Sunday. It was a huge blessing to see our kids display their talents in the performing arts. Our oldest had a speaking part, Bob sang a solo, and Chip and Princess D were quite the hams to watch in the chorus.
Tuesday night the Holiday Shoppe at school was a huge success! One more thing checked off the list, so I should be breathing a bit easier...and would have been if we weren't struck by the "virus." As the week progressed, every single member of our household fell like flies to this years intestinal bug...and nightmare of nightmares, both parents were down on the same day.
Fortuntely, by the time we went down, the kids were on the mend for the most part. I'm proud of how well they can fend with minimal intervention in a short term situation. There was remarkably little complaining, lots of quiet entertaining, it warmed a mother's heart, when she was conscious enough to notice. On this day too we tag teamed. One parent sleeping while the other "supervising" the children. It kinda worked. Still, not particularly a day I'd choose to relive. Still, trying to be grateful in all things,

I am grateful that for the most part, the kids were down two by two, allowing tag team parenting to work at it's best.
I am grateful no one needed immediate medical attention.
I am grateful it is almost over now.

I am grateful that we are recovered enough to enjoy the week ahead, with the preschool program at church, and final preparations for next week's AWANA store.

I am infinitely grateful for my husband, and all he does for us and our home.

I am grateful it's almost Christmas, my favorite day of the year. Peace be with you.

1 comment:

MagenRanae said...

And also with you! :)

Sorry you've had such a hard week. :(