Saturday, December 19, 2009

Childhood nostalgia... at a sales party?

Last night I went to a games party for Simply Fun at my friendly red-headed Angel's house. It was a relaxed evening of joking around, playing games, listening to sales pitches, and of course, eating.

The food was like a hug from Jesus, taking me back to New Year's Eve with my parents. Angel's entire life is Spirit-led, and it showed down to her menu. She had the tri-popcorn can from Topsy's w/ caramel, cheese, and cinnamon, a veggie tray w/ peppers and carrots, ritz crackers w/ summer sausage and two kinds of cheese, and diet coke to drink. So noshing, and chatting, and sitting around playing games....just like an idyllic family night. When I was a kid, it was New Year's Eve with my parents. As an adult, it was just a "sales party" with my sisters in Christ.
I'm simply blessed.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

May you be blessed with many Happy New Years...

:)