Friday, September 26, 2008

Being grateful in all situations

Today, I ran out of gas...on a four lane divided road next to a six+ lane highway. Yet, there was so much to be grateful for in that half an hour.

I am grateful I didn't get in a wreck. The traffic in that part of town is always busy, and this was right around lunch!

I am grateful I was able to get off the road, into a parking lot....(sort of. I lost my power steering as I was turning in, and stopped by the curb for outgoing cars.)

I am grateful I was stopped by a curb, rather than a car, tree, or building.

I am grateful my dh was working from home today!

I am grateful baby guy was asleep while we waited 30+ minutes for help to arrive.

I am grateful my girls were both in good moods, having just come from THE salon...so they each had a new toy to play with.

What I'm also grateful for, is that we don't live in that area. I was stuck for over half an hour, and many people honked, glared,etc....and only one checked to see if help was on the way and offered an encouraging word. There are at least three churches within a mile of where I was stranded. It's sad when no one has time to be salt or light.

I'm grateful to know that in my own neighborhood, I could look in any direction and someone would be stepping out to help a stranger in a bind.

I'm grateful for the people in my church, who I could have counted on if Mr. M hadn't been home. I'm grateful that we have been guided to a community that loves each other, the unsaved, and Christ.

I'm grateful, that all things in this life are temporary....and that my eternity still lies ahead.

1 comment:

MagenRanae said...

I sure need to take lessons from you about being thankful in all things! Way to go!