Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm not the only one!

Today, our almost ten year old ran home yelling "Mom! Mom! I'm not the only one!"

Okay, honey...as I ushered him in the door. Not the only one that what?

Still huffing, with a big smile he says, "I'm not the only one who wears deodorant." What a relief for him to know he's not the only one that's starting to REALLY grow up.

Last weekend I had pulled him aside, and granted him a pump of clearasil face wash to help fend off the couple of pimples that were appearing on his face. At the same time, I pulled out the unscented stuff and instructed him on washing his face and under his arms daily when he was brushing his teeth.

"MO-om."

"Please, for me?"

"K"

Then today it was all better, because he knew he wasn't alone. I'm glad he's not the only one.

1 comment:

MagenRanae said...

:) The joys of growing up!