Friday, September 12, 2008

Mail Time~

I wish I could be excited as my kids about mail. Our mail lady usually comes around 10:30. Today she came at 2:00. My youngest four children were leaping in the air and zooming around the room.

"Mom! Mom! The mail is here! The mail is here!"

From my adult perspective, that's like saying " The British are coming! The British are coming!" Sure there's the occasional "goodie", like a letter from grandma or a gift card from a nearby business...but overall, mail for adults usually means spending money.

To a kid, it means something new! My 2yo carries around the junk mail cell phone flier like it's goild. My four and five year old children look through every advertisement like a treasure map.

Today, our four year old daughter hit pay dirt....a birthday invitation! Her first!
"Oh mom! It's from my princess friend, at church!"
Well, it's a skating party.....for four year olds? Should be humorous, at least.
She doesn't care. It's a party, and she's invited and her brothers aren't. For once, she's not a tag along. That's the real prize...and it came in the mail.

1 comment:

MagenRanae said...

Good for her!! I'm still a sucker for mail time!