Tuesday, May 5, 2009

AWANA Awards/Auction

Sunday night was our awards night for AWANA. All of our boys finished a book. Bob received his Sparkie Plaque for completing all three Sparks books. Princess D is officially promoted to Sparks. Princess P has moved from Puggles to Cubbies. I am so proud of them all.

The real highlight of the evening for me was after at home after the TnT (Truth in Training) auction. Our oldest had purchased several items, and was appraising his loot on the couch.
"Chip, come here. I have a new football for you."
"Bob, have this water gun and this soaker."
"Si, guy...here's a rice krispie treat."....

He had spent his hard earned Awana bucks on gifts for his siblings, just because he wanted them to feel included. I think he got the message.

1 comment:

MagenRanae said...

:) Aww...what a tender heart! I bet that makes a momma's heart proud.