Friday, May 1, 2009

May the joy you spread boomerang back to you!

This morning we had a meeting for the preschool division of our VBS. I am so excited about this year's theme....Australia! and trains! And sharing the love of Christ! Depending on him again and again. I was surrounded by people I admire, women I am honored to count amongst my friends. My preschool age kids ran amuck in the gym under the authority of an older home schooled girl. It cracked me up to see our three year old playing kickball. Si guy was a little intimidated by the older kids, so he hung out w/ mom, cuddling quietly on my lap. Apparently his friend R felt the same way. She stayed pretty close to mom too.
I get snack duty for all the preschoolers, and I like it that way. Princess P's food challenges are quite a list. I'm touched our church cares so much about including all the kids as much as possible, especially at these younger ages.
I also have the privilege of teaching the four year old class. I've always enjoyed working with preschoolers, but the bulk of my work in the past has been with twos and threes. Those fours are smart! I have to admit I'm kind of scared. I generally prefer to have more "behind the scenes" roles, or at least be the "shadow teacher" who helps more than leads. I just have to remind myself I can do all things through Christ. I have the materials in my car. I'll bring them in to work on after the destructive duo is in bed. It's only a little over a month until we board the Boomerang Express! "People get ready....there's a train a comin."

1 comment:

MagenRanae said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! How did it all turn out? I'm sure the Lord used you mightily in the hearts of those 4 year olds!