Sunday, October 11, 2009

Saturday morning was a ball!

Well, we got through Friday really well. Mr. M even was home for dinner and practices.
His reward was taking two kids to football games in 38 degree weather Saturday morning. I'm so grateful for my man. He could have plead tired and stayed home with the others, but instead he braved the cold to watch his little men play ball. Or was it so brave?

True, I got stay warm, but I also retrieved the early game child and had to take #2 to his bowling learners league....with four younger children. I wimped out and immediately called my MIL. She agreed to meet us there at noon, so I'd only be at the bowling alley for an hour alone. As soon as we pull in,
"Can I bowl? Can I bowl?"
"No honey. It's youth leagues on Saturday morning. We can play in the arcade."
"Arcade yaaaaaay!"

One game of foozball and several pieces of candy from the "play until you win" machine later.
"We're tired of this. What else is there to do?" and off they run around the corner.
Sure enough they find the "ball" machine.

The bowling alley has a machine that sells big inflatable balls in "eggs." The pump to fill the ball is attatched to the machine. That could be a blog in itself. $4 and 45 minutes later they got tired of jumping on the foot pump. They were starting to get a bit wild with their balls so I needed a new diversion.
So it's off to the snack bar for a pitcher of Pepsi and some fries. Thankfully it was in the midst of that grandma arrived. I was running out of money and options. Someone was watching over me!

So I was free to go home. It felt good. I can't imagine having a better family.

No comments: