Friday, October 30, 2009

Twas the night before Halloween

And all through our home,
the children were sleeping.
Mr. M & I were up alone.
The pumpkins were sitting
on the table with care.
Knowing tomorrow would bring
jack-o-lanterns there.
The candy was stashed up on the shelf.
Except for the twix bars I bought for myself.
The floors were all vacuumed
by my husband so dear
For tomorrow would bring
young trick or treaters here.
So excited are our children all aglow
To carve and light candles
and fill the candy bowl
With boo-mallows, reeces, skittles and starbursts.
With whoppers and hersheys and kit-kats and twix.
By the end of the evening
We'll all have our sugar fix.
So to all we bid well
Take flashlights with care
Trick or treat! Time to eat!
Happy Halloween to all my friends out there!

No comments: