Sunday, November 2, 2008

I. am. what? hero!

Tonight was hero night at AWANA. It was a blast, and I got a peek at the perspective of all our kids.

I've been worried about our oldest lately, with the mood swings, attitude shifts, etc, but tonight gave me renewed hope for his heart and future. He chose to be King David, complete w/ foil crown and harp, and a wrapping paper roll sword. He was puzzled and pleased that one of the older boys had picked Shepard David. I took a lot more comfort in this mind synch than the one at Halloween where he was Anakin Skywalker and his best bud was Darth Vader. Man, there was a conversation on choices and how they affect us......

Bob reused his Optimus Prime costume...totally masculine, moving, and well adorable. Hard core on the outside, sweet guy in the middle. It was a great fit.

Chip also recycled his Halloween costume. Although who doesn't want to be a knight in shining armor, or at least rescued by one?

The littles didn't get to participate, except for the pampered princess D, because well, the knight had to rescue someone!

I'm just hoping they realize that in the end there's only ONE hero. Our Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments: