Monday, November 3, 2008

Kids vote day

Today my boys voted at school: #1 voted for McCain for lower taxes, (Lower taxes for who?) Bob voted for Obama, because, well, he's going to win anyway, (which, fortunately or unfortunately, is probably true.)

Chip voted for blue! "I don't know who he is, but blue is my favorite color!" I wonder how many people are going out tomorrow who are voting for blue or red, as opposed to issues and ideals. I wonder how many people will vote based on the signs in the neighborhood, the sermon from pulpit, or the endorsement from the paper. The thing about democracy is that it only works well with an educated public. I sometimes wonder if we really are educated enough to make these decisions well.

Who am I voting for tomorrow? Well, there are six seats up for grabs here.....I think I'll be a nice shade of purple.

No comments: