Sunday, January 4, 2009

Faith, wise men, and veggies

Tonight I had the honor of being the storyteller for the sparkies at AWANA. An honor I totally forgot about until our commander reminded me this morning during Sunday School! Being the great last minute person I am, I found a church's "kid's Sunday program" and scanned for George Meuller. Then I pulled out the Veggietales Gideon DVD and was all set. There was no way I was standing up there talking to twenty kids for twenty minutes. Those kindergarteners might eat me or something. Besides, who doesn't love veggies? My second grader thought it was perfect. It was kind of sad my kindie wasn't there too, but that's what happens when you don't eat your veggies.

When I got home, our Christmas stuff was all put away by the cleaning fairy. The front living room was even vacuumed! It was kind of strange not to see the tree in the corner, or the candle-holder for Advent on the table. Yet we knew the time of advent had passed, and tomorrow is Epiphany. Our house is cleared, but are our hearts ready?

For tomorrow is the day we remember the kings who came to see our KING. Tomorrow is the day to lay down all our treasures before Him, no matter what they are worth to us. Tomorrow is the real beginning of the New Year, with new hearts.

Maybe I should bake a cake or something.

1 comment:

MagenRanae said...

"but that's what happens when you don't eat your veggies." That made me giggle!